Thursday 11 July 2013

Cider and a Laugh

So I have a bit of a grump in at the moment (my post from yesterday might have indicated this to you!) and even thought I don't want to be that person that always whines and moans on their blog, unfortunately this is what it had become. The past few weeks have been an emotional roller coaster and I have felt very unable (and possibly in some ways very unwilling) to deal with them. My mum had a scare, luckily everything was fine, and while this was going on I was horrible to be around. I was angry and scared and wanted it to be someone else's fault rather than just fate or nature or whatever you believe in and I really hoped that the all clear would clear up my emotions but it hasn't!!

So tonight when my best guy friend invited me out for a drink with one of my best friends, it was much needed and I laughed. Like a lot. We spoke about high school and those embarrassing stories, bitched about people we hadn't seen in years, made fun of each other, told stories that didn't even make sense and I feel good. No, it hasn't sorted out all my problems (I will share more at another point) but I feel ready to tackle them head on. There is nothing more humbling than the time you got super emotional at 16 and had a major meltdown in the middle of class only to be told "it's Biggin, not Biggins" and being reminded of this everytime you speak to someone makes me cringe. Or being reminded of the time I got so drunk I had to get the taxi to stop twice so I could vom and then having said best guy friend lend me his shoes so I can actually walk to his house and let me sleep in his spare bed. I have NEVER felt so ill in all my life (as this picture sums up!!)



2 comments:

  1. Isn't it weird how just a night out can lift your spirits? Hope things get better.

    Heidi’s Wanderings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dropping in by way of the link up-- I hope things start to look up for you soon. I know ALL TOO WELL what it's like to have a scare or something serious going on with your mom and I hope things continue to be okay. It's always nice when a friend can take you out and get your mind off things. I've had some crappy ASS days going online lately so I feel your pain. Even though I don't know you-- hang in there!

    ugottahavehart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete