Monday 22 April 2013

Yaris, Corolla, you know as in the car!!

For all of you who may not know, my real name is Toyota. I will wait for every car joke under the sun and if you tell me one I haven't heard before I'll give you a medal. I like my name, I wouldn't change it, it makes me who I am and at least no one forgets me but what is it about having an abnormal name that makes people think they can ask where I was conceived?!?

Firstly I'm pretty sure that's not how you choose your child's name (I don't know, I don't have kids). However if it is, why are there not more children called bed, sofa, kitchen worktop (jokes, I have never done that!)

Secondly that's my conception you are talking about. Yes I know how babies happen but I don't really want to think about it, let alone have a full blown conversation about it with a complete stranger.

People decide that they can tell me if they like my name, as if I care or feel the need to tell me that my name is unusual as if I hadn't noticed (yes I do come across as a bit of a bimbo but I'm not a complete idiot!) In all honesty I don't mind people telling the occasional car joke. My friend quite often shouts at me "OI COROLLA" when she wants me and I don't even bat an eyelid. Its not the worst nickname I've ever heard, my friend informed me that if you meet someone called Lydia you actually have to call them Chlamydia so not all bad.

So now we have been formally introduced, how do you do?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment