Wednesday 17 April 2013

Teenage Angst

**WARNING**
I'm going to rant, you might not like what I have to say and I'm sorry if I offend anyone.

Ok disclaimer over, lets begin.


Life is full of utterly devastating moments that I really cannot comprehend. I do not understand the hatred in the world and honestly wish to be no part of it. The horrors of the bombing in Boston at a marathon make me want to cry. Why would you ever feel the need to make your statement in this way? How does killing an 8 year old boy cheering for his father further your cause, whatever that may be? 
A woman, her three children and her unborn child are dead close to where I live and all anyone can think to say is that she was living on benefits as if that means in some way those children deserved what happened to them. You cannot choose your parents, you cannot choose if you are born rich or poor and statements like that make me feel sick. I am happy for people to have opinions and happy for people to voice them but I think people should think about what they say before they make insulting statements in front of people they don't know that well. Keep that opinion to yourself, have that conversation with someone that loves you and won't hate you for being bigoted.

I know this is far from my normal light hearted post but if you can't express yourself on your blog where can you! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment